Saturday, December 6, 2008

Crock pot magic

I have officially resurrected my crock pot. I love it. I adore it. I might marry it if I wasn't already hitched. I love that I can put pretty much anything in it, walk away, and have a delicious dinner waiting for me without doing the 4:30 what's-for-dinner scramble.

Here's the lasagna that I literally threw together for dinner tonight, using what I had on hand:

Lightly grease inside of crock pot. Set to lowest heat setting.

In a bowl, combine 1 egg and 16 oz. container of ricotta cheese. Add to the mixture:
chopped onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/3 c. water
a teaspoon of sea salt
a dash or two of pepper
two tablespoons of dried parsley
Mix well.

Thinly slice a zucchini. (I used a cheese slicer.) Or use any other veggies that you have on hand. Spinach and mushrooms also work particularly well.

Layer the following:
1/4 c. spaghetti sauce
dry lasagna noodles (break to fit)
ricotta mixture
zucchini slices
shredded mozzarella

Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients. Top with some grated parmesan and let it cook for a few hours, until the edges are brown and bubbly. Seriously amazing. I may never make an oven lasagna again.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

ok, i made this for our little (3 person -well 5 actually) family dinner tonight on Cmas eve and IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for a great,easy recipe!