Wednesday, July 29, 2009
(1) lb. strawberries
(2) valencia oranges
1.5 lbs. yellow squash
(1) green pepper
We also stopped at a produce stand yesterday and purchased:
(6) ears of locally grown corn
(2) peaches, which were not local but were promptly consumed by my children.
(1) organic milk @ 2.99
(6) Horizon organic milk singles @ 1.00 each, used 1.00/3 coupons
(2) Cascadian Farms organic steamer veggies @ 2.50 each, used 1.00/1 coupons
(2) Van's organic waffles @ 2.50 each, used 1.00/2
(1) red pepper @ 1.67
(1) pint Michigan blueberries @ 1.48
(1) lemon juice @ .99
(1) Danactiv yogurt @ 1.88, used 1.00/1
(3) Clif ZBars @ 3/$2, used 1.00/3
(1) Oral-B toothbrush @ 1.00, FREE after 1.00/1
Total spent: 19.92
Total saved: 20.17
1 lb. organic carrots @ 1.99
(2) organic mushrooms @ 1.00
(2) organic nectarines @1.58
1 lb. organic cherries @ 2.99
(3) 28 oz. cans organic tomatoes @ 1.50 each
(1) celery @ 1.00
(2) Dole salad blends @ 1.00 each, FREE plus overage after 1.50/2 manu q and 1.00/2 Mealbox q
(2) Silk soy milk @ 2.99 each, used 1.25/2 and 1.00/2 Mealbox q
(1) cage free eggs @ 3.19, used .50/1
(1) Pillsbury grands @ 1.00, used .35/1
(8) Land O'Lakes spreadable butter @ 1.00, got all for FREE after .50/1 (separate transactions)
(1) Aunt Millie's bread @ 1.00, used .35/1
(2) Meijer Naturals salsa @ 1.00 each
(1) Ben and Jerry's flipped ice cream @ 2.49, used .75/1
(3) Ben and Jerry's pints @ 2.49 each, used 1.00/2, got back a 2.00 oyno cat
(2) Aunt Millie's bagels @ 2.00 each
(2) Kashi frozen pizzas @ 4.99 each, used 1.00/1 coupons
I had 4.20 in bottle refunds from recent get togethers/parties/beer drinking at our house.
I used a 4.00 oyno I had from the cheese deal I guess.
Total spent: 34.57
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
This week seems to be a great week to hit Meijer! Between the 10/10=11 deals and the Huggies deal I was able to stock our pantry, donate a big bag to the food pantry and grab two packages of diapers for under $27!! Our grocery bill (without diapers) for the week was $8.86!! Yipee! Maybe I'll post our menu so you can see that we aren't living on ramen noodles :)
Here is the deal for huggies: If you buy $10 worth of Huggies, Kleenex, Cottonelle or Scott paper products (any combination), you instantly get $10 off 3 pkgs of Fruit of the Loom Basics Tees, underwear or socks. Fruit of the Loom Basics are on sale for $3.99/6pk little boys socks. Adult socks are on sale too. I bought 1 pkg Huggies at 9.99+ 1 pkg Pull-Ups 10.99 (wish me luck~ we're potty training this week :)) + 3pkgs of socks =32.95 -$10instant rebate -$3MFC for huggies -$2MFC for pull ups =$17.95 for all that! Considering the socks alone were $11.97, I basically got 2 pkgs of diapers for $5.98. Plus with school starting in a month ~gasp!~ I got a head start on much needed new socks.....and maybe even a stocking stuffer :)
You could easily make this deal sweeter buy just purchasing the $9.99 diapers and a $1.29 mini package of huggies wipes + 3 packages of socks for a total of $10.25 after instant $10 rebate and $3MFC for diapers. That's what I call a good deal!!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Also, I don't think I've posted it here before, but My Price Savings is a great site you can use to preview the Meijer ads for the coming week. The ads are typically posted on Friday afternoons, but sometimes as early as Thursdays. Keep in mind if you are in Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti the prices tend to run slightly higher.
And finally, there are some fabulous deals at Meijer this week. They're running their 10/$10, 11th item free sale which means when you purchase 11 eligible items you will get each for 90 cents. Plus there are coupons available for many of the items which means you can fill your pantry, fridge and freezer for pennies. Be cautious with this sale though... there are items included that are typically less than a buck but the prices get raised for this "sale". The Gerber baby food is an example.
The moneymakers this week are:
Coffeemate creamers @ 1.00 each. Buy 3 and use .50/1 coupons (the first two will double). You'll pay .50 and get a catalina for 1.00 off your next order. (Thanks, Jessica!)
Dole bagged salads @ 1.00 each. Buy 2 and use the 1.00/2 Mealbox coupon. Then go to the meat/seafood department of your Meijer store and look for the Meijer Living Naturally booklet, which has a 1.50/2 manufacturer's coupon. You can stack this with the Mealbox q to get overage.
The only really good organic item included in this sale is organic mushrooms. I'll be getting a few, especially with the overage I'll have from the salad and coffeemate.
Also free or close to it with coupons... Betty Crocker Warm Delights and Land O'Lakes spreadable butter. Anyone see anything else?
Also tropical fish are included in the 10/$10 sale. Which creeps me out for some reason.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Lesson 1- Neutrogena makeup, though advertised as BOGO, did not ring up that way. I noticed after I was back in my car.
Lesson 2- Huggies megas do not follow you out of the store when you leave them sitting on the ATM. I did not notice until I was home. I had to go back.
(1) Smart Start cereal @ 3.34, will submit for full-price rebate (I've had the form forever.)
(2) Kashi cereal @ 3.33 each, used 1.50/1 printables
(6) Kashi GoLean bars @ 1.25 each, used 1.00/2 coupons
(1) Huggies mega @ 13.99, used 1.50/1
(1) CVS tampons @ 1.89
(2) Pilot pens @ .99 each
(2) composition books @ .99 each
(1) sticky notes @ .99
(1) mini stapler @ .99
(2) pencil cases @ .99 each
(2) binder clips @ .99 each
(1) Colgate @ 2.88, used 1.00/1
(1) Neutrogena eyeshadow @ 8.99, used 3.00/1
(1) Neutrogena lipstick- FREE after BOGO sale, used 3.00/1
I used a $10/$50 and 16.96 ECBs.
Will receive 3.34 back as a rebate for the Smart Start, which makes my oop 11.87 (less than the sale price of the diapers!), and I earned back 18.79 in ECBs.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
- apologies in advance for the funky formatting--it won't let me change it?
- There's a nice KAshi deal at CVS starting tomorrow, so you can get them nearly free along with more free office/school supplies:
- ****kashi 3/$10 get $5 ecb when you buy $10 worth of products (limit 1)
- go to iheartcvs.com for links to the printable coupons underneath this weeks ad scan link
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
(2) Danactiv drinkable yogurt @ 2.50, used 1.00/1
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
First of all, we've been hit with lots of illness here. Much of this is due to my husband's compromised immunity, and the rest is directly related to my kids licking everything they can get their tongues on. I'm fairly certain this is the case because I'm the only one who hasn't been sick.
The second thing going on is this contest which begins on July 13th, and which I have entered.
Because the budget for this contest is $25/week/person, and also because I'm feeling the need to step up the organic produce a bit more as well as adding in some supplements for Phil, I'll be increasing my grocery budget to $99 a week. This will still include diapers, cleaning products and toiletries. I'll still aim to keep my total bill as low as possible, but I'm allowing myself to stay under a hundred dollars in order to ramp up the nutrient-dense foods that my family needs.
This is the season we're in right now, and I'm rolling with it.