Saturday, December 13, 2008

Some last minute deals

We've been living off of our stockpile for the last week or so, so I haven't made a serious trip to the store or CVS recently. (In fact, I haven't been back to CVS since my midnight Black Friday run with Jessica. Good times.) But today, the two-year-old went to Grandma's and the baby went to bed early. So tonight, I shopped.

First up was Meijer:

Meijer was having a Super Saturday sale which I dominated. The games were on sale and were buy one get one free. The ad also had a 20% off coupon for any general merchandise item. So I got each game for 4.99, when the original combined cost would have been 35.87 plus tax.

The lip gloss was free after using the $4 Maybelline coupon from last week's paper.

The Pampers were on sale for 8.99, plus I had a 1.00/1 coupon and a 1.00 off your next order coupon from the Prego deal, so I got those for 7 bucks.

Shrimp was 3.99 and I used a 1.00 off any shrimp wine tag coupon.

Mott's for Tots was a dollar each after sale and coupon.

Sargento cheese was 2.00 each after sale and coupon.

Total spent: 36.39
Total saved: 61.14

Next up, Kroger:


The carrot cake was free after coupons and raincheck.

The sour cream was free after coupons.

One pack of Cottonelle was free with coupon and e-coupon. The other was .49 after coupon.

Bic Soleil refills were 1.99 each after sale and coupon, regularly 7.29 each. I really like this razor and CVS keeps paying me to take them so I figured I'd use up the rest of my coupons for refills before they expire tomorrow.

Sobe drinks were a dollar each and I had some .40/1 coupons which doubled, making each one 20 cents.

Hershey's Bliss was 1.75 each after sale/coupon.

The socks were .99 each after coupon.

Hunt's tomatoes were .60 each after sale and coupon.

My most exciting find was the Arm and Hammer deodorant. They were on sale 10/$10. They actually have a paraben-free, aluminum-free deodorant which was included in the sale. Huge score. I bought a few for us and will donate the rest.

Total spent: 27.30
Total saved: 68.55

Don't forget that Kroger's sales run through Sunday, so if you see something interesting here you still have time to run out tomorrow.

No comments: