Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moneymaker at CVS

The Fragrance Collection by Glade - Soy Based Candle, Currants & Acai - 10 oz

This week at CVS, The Fragrance Collection by Glade 3-wick candles and reed diffusers (great stocking stuffers!) are 6.99 and earn back the full 6.99 in ECBs. Go here to sign up and print a coupon for 2.00 off. You'll pay 4.99 + tax and earn back 6.99 in ECBs, which you can use on just about anything in the store. Or, if you have 6.99 in ECBs, purchase another $2 item and pay with the 6.99 ECB. You'll end up just paying tax for two items. 

I bought a pack of Pampers (on sale for 9.99, used a 1.00/1) and a candle. I used a 3.00/1 from All You magazine, paid with a random assortment of ECBs and ended up paying around 1.04 I think out of pocket. Plus I got that 6.99 back.

Also, don't forget to scan your CVS card at the little coupon machines if your store has them. I got some really great coupons today, and remember that CVS permits you to use one CVS coupon AND one manufacturer's coupon per item for even greater savings.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks! I have been out of the CVS loop for a while, but I did this today. I had a coupon for a free handsoap, which I also picked up, and then I got a coup for a free roll of paper towels at the register. Sweet!

Cassie said...

Niiiiice score! I haven't been doing CVS very much either. Got a bunch of the free school supplies but with the shortage of $/$$ coupons it just isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Unknown said...

I guess it's time I outed myself a came out of the lurkers closet. Hello. I'm trying to be more diligent about couponing, but frankly, I'm a little scared of CVS and what it could do to my sanity and closet space. But for a free candle, I may just have to try it.

Cassie said...

Keri, I'm so glad you've outed yourself! If the candles are gone by the time you get to CVS, get a raincheck!

CVS doesn't have to infringe on your sanity. I've cut way, way down lately and just get the things that are free. There were tons of free school supplies last month so I've got art supplies galore for which I paid just tax. You can also use CVS to get things you actually need for much less than you would normally pay. Sometimes you have to get things you normally wouldn't get because they are free or make you money, but you can usually find a place to donate them. (Single Moms!) I don't usually list the free deals here but couponcravings.com does, as well as moneysavingmom.com.