Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What's For DInner?

What I love most about the way I shop now (stockpiling vs. need shopping) is always having several dinner options at my fingertips. Here's what we had tonight:

Black Bean Soup
Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Spaghetti Squash

-Drain and rinse 2 cans of black beans.
-Blend together: Beans, 1 cup of salsa, 1.5 cups of vegetable broth, 1 tsp. cumin, 3 tsp. lime juice
-Warm on the stove.
-Top with sour cream and tortilla chips.

-Prepare grilled cheese sandwiches using any of the following ingredients along with good quality sliced cheese on whole grain bread: guacamole, tomatoes, green pepper, dijon mustard. (My personal favorite is guac and tomatoes.)

-Cut squash in half.
-Scoop out the seeds.
-Microwave for 6 minutes.
-Add butter, salt and pepper and mash.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am trying this for lunch or dinner this weekend, sounds yummy!!! :)