Sunday, January 18, 2009

Early trip to Meijer


I usually wait until later in the week to go shopping but for some reason I was motivated enough this afternoon to do what will most likely be my first of many grocery runs this week.

There is a pretty big sale this week on select Meijer Organics items. Many of those are products that we use a lot of, like the vegetable broth (3/$5) and butter (3.99).

Starkist Tuna pouches are 20% off (1.67) and I had (4) .75/1 blinkies from Kroger last month as well as (2) B2G1 Free coupons from 1/4. So I got 6 pouches for 3.68, or about .61 a pouch.

Aunt Jemima pancake mix is 3/$5; use 1.00/2 coupon from last week to get them for 1.17 each.

Prego is also 3/$5. There are peelie coupons on packages of Pepperidge Farm garlic bread for .50/1, which will double, making each jar just .67. (Remember only 2 like coupons will double. I had to do mine in 3 separate transactions in order to maximize my savings.)

Total spent: 26.33
Total saved: 31.74

No comments: