Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Whole Foods

I had a $10/$50 from this month's Ann Arbor Observer that I decided to put to good use today. I cancelled our produce delivery for this week since it seemed kind of blah, which meant I had to actually buy a few fruits and veggies at the store. So here's how I did: (Don't pay any attention to the dorks on the laptops in the background.)



(2) Farmer's Creamery Milk @ 3.99 each (I've said it before... I won't buy any other kind of milk. It's my bi-weekly splurge and worth the cost.)
(3) Quorn nuggets @ 3.50 each (Alysa turned me onto this stuff and we love it. We don't usually do meat substitutes but the nuggets are a great quick lunch for the kids.) Used (3) 1.00/1 coupons sent to me from the manufacturer
(4) Back to Nature mac and cheese @ 1.69 each, used (4) .70/1 coupons from Whole Deal flyer
(1) Matt's chocolate chip cookies @ 4.39 (not on sale, no coupon. Have you had these? If not, don't start and you won't have a problem.)
(1) 3 lb. bag organic pink lady apples @ 4.99, regular price (The loose organic pink lady apples are on sale for 1.69/lb... huh? This was definitely a better deal.)
(2) Odwalla Green Machine @ 2.50 each, used (2) .55/1 coupons from a tearpad at Meijer last month
(1) organic grape tomatoes @ 2.50
(1) Dr. Sears kids vitamins @ 9.99, used 1.00/1 coupon from last month's Whole Deal flyer
(1) organic red pepper @ .83

Total after sales, but before coupons: 52.93
Total after coupons and bag refund: 34.73

Just to put this in perspective, if I had paid full retail price for the milk, cookies, apples, vitamins and one of the Quorn products I would have paid more than $35. So looking at it that way, I essentially got 2 Quorn products, 4 mac and cheese, 2 Odwalla juices, tomatoes and red pepper for free. My cashier, Bud, couldn't believe it. "Wow," he said. "You really know how to shop."

This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friend.

Weekly total: 61.06

No comments: