Thursday, April 16, 2009

Meijer & Kroger. It's all about the vegetables, baby.

First up was Meijer:


How is it possible that I'm out of beans? I usually wait until they go on sale for .44 a can at Kroger but it's been a while and my pantry was legumeless. They are .60 a can at Meijer this week.

Green Giant boxed veggies are part of the 10/$10, 11th free deal. Use .50/2 coupons or 1.00/3 coupons from Betty Crocker mailer.

Arnold Bread is 1.69, use 1.00/1 Meijer Mealbox coupon.

Palmolive Pure dish soap is 2.00. I had some 1.00/1 coupons from my awesome friend Jill, plus was able to stack a 1/00/3 Mealbox Q to get them for under .70 each.

Softsoap was .30 after .35/1 coupon. (Will donate this to our church's Single Moms ministry.)

International Delights coffee creamers are 1.50, use 1.00/2 to get them for a dollar each.

Danimals drinkable yogurts are 2.00, use Mealbox coupon to get them for 1.00.

Ragu is .65 after sale and .30/1 coupon.

Thomas mini bagels are 1.50 after sale and Mealbox coupon.

Silk soymilk is 2.50 after 1.00/2 Mealbox coupon, AND I received a 1.00 off your next order coupon for purchasing two.

Organic carrots and mushrooms as well as Aunt Millie's bread are also part of the 10/$10, 11th free deal.

Green peppers are 1.00/lb.

Bananas are .39/lb.

Total spent: 41.37
Total saved: 47.72

Then Kroger:


Bird's Eye Steamfresh veggies are 1.00, as are Green Giant boxed veggies. There are coupons out there for .35/1 Bird's Eye and .50/2 Green Giant. After the coupons double your veggies will be .30 and .50, respectively. Kroger (or mine, at least) has no limit on coupons that will double so I was able to get 10 of each. I ordered more coupons on Ebay which cost me under $3, and I got rainchecks so I can go back in the next couple of weeks to get more.

Garden of Eatin chips are 2.50, I used the 1.00/2 to get them for 2.00 each.

Select Knudsen organic juice is BOGO free and there are .75/1 coupons out there. (I didn't have any today). Remember that you can use 2 coupons on a BOGO free, so each juice would be just a dollar. (Blueberry Pomegranate is amazing by the way.)

Grapes are .88/lb.

Quaker Rice cake quakes are free after the 1.00/1 coupon from a recent paper.

I also found some pitas and organic vegetable soup on Manager's Special. (50% off!)

Total spent: 20.40
Total saved: 42.29

8 comments:

amy said...

hey cassie - last week i tried to use 2 coupons on BOGO at both kroger and CVS - CVS said it was fraud and kroger absolutely would not allow it ???? they said i didn't buy the free one so i couldn't use the coupon...

Cassie said...

Kroger's policy may vary from store to store (both of the ones I go to allow it), but your CVS cashier was wrong... CVS policy is to allow 2 coupons on a BOGO. You may also use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO item to get them both for free. I would call customer service, ask for a copy of their coupon policy, and also ask them to call that particular store to inform them. Jessica ran into this issue a few months ago and they got straightened out after a call from corporate. =)

Cassie said...

PS: I forgot to say that it's actually in the store's best interest to accept 2 coupons on a BOGO since they not only get reimbursed from the manufacturer, but they also make an additional 8 cents per coupon.

Anonymous said...

Kroger in Milan had Organic coupon booklets in their Organic section. I grabbed a couple for ya, and I believe they had the juice you like in there with a MFC. I'll have to double check. Either way, check your Kroger for the booklet. It's about the size of a 5x7 card.

KellBell said...

You can order coupons off of eBay?

Jessica said...

amy--i have their coupon policy in my email. next time, have the cashier call CVS customer service right then and there. their corporate policy is to accept 2 BOGO Qs.-Jessica

Cassie said...

KellBell... sure can!! Other place to try:
thecouponclippers.com and thecouponmaster.com

Anonymous said...

Jessica~ Would you mind emailing me with that policy? I had a "situation" at the Adrian CVS this weekend. I was trying to be nice and they were rude so I raised my voice and won :) But, the policy would have been nice to politely shove in their face :) I'm at
jilldaugherty03 at yahoo dot com

Thanks