Friday, November 14, 2008

My crazy plan. A triple-transaction at CVS.



I have never, never done a triple transaction at CVS. I did a double once and got all confused and just about left crying. But next week there are multiple deals that I want to take advantage of so I spent about a half hour this evening planning it all out. It requires 3 separate transactions but I'm feeling confident to quite confident and I really think I can pull it off. I should mention that I try to stick to a weekly $5 out-of-pocket limit at CVS. However, I'm usually well under that so I can afford to go over every once in awhile and this plan will get me in at just over 5 smackaroos. I'll get to that plan momentarily; but first, here are the freebies next week (Thanks to I Heart CVS for the preview):

Zantrex-3, 2 pack @ 4.99, earns 4.99 ECBs (I have no idea what this is, you guys.)
Loreal Age Perfect Pro Calcium @ 15.99, earns 15.99 ECBs (I don't know what this is either. I think it's a moisturizer?)

There's also an awesome deal on batteries, and if this is your first week trying your hand at CVS this would be a good, easy way to begin. Everyone needs batteries, right?
Buy $20 worth of Duracell batteries, get 15 ECBs. Prices are 5.99 or 9.99 (so get 2 @ 5.99 and 1 @ 9.99 and you should be good to go.) There are 1.00/1 coupons in circulation and this Sunday there will be .75/1 coupons in the paper to make this an even better deal.

There's a Glade deal as well. Buy $10 in Glade and get 5 ECBs. There were oodles of Glade coupons in a recent paper. That's right, I said oodles.

And the savings on healthy/green products:
Kashi GoLean bars and Clif bars are $1 each. There are coupons for these in the Whole Deal flyer.
Vickery and Clarke- Buy $15 worth, get 5 ECB. I've been itching to try this line; it's exclusive to CVS and is paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free.

And finally, here is my plan. Plans. Whatever.

Transaction #1-
(2) Duracell @ 5.99 each
(1) Duracell @ 9.99
-use (2) 1.00/1, (1) .75/1
(4) Glade candles @ 2.50 each
-use (2) 1.50/2
Total: 31.97 + tax
Use $5/$30 (emailed to me this week)
Coupons
20 ECBs
Pay 1.22 oop, earn 20 ECBs

Transaction #2-
That unknown Loreal thing @ 15.99
-use 1.00/1 Loreal Moisturizer from a few weeks ago
$5 in Vickery & Clarke
Total: 20.99 + tax
Use $3/$15
Coupon
16 ECBs
Pay .99, earn 15.99 ECBs

Transaction #3-
$10 in Vickery & Clarke
Total- 10.00 + tax
Use $2/$10 CVS brand product (CVS coupon)
5 ECBs
Pay 3.00, earn 5 ECBs

So I'll be paying under $6 out of pocket for a zillion batteries, 4 candles, a weird moisturizer and some long-awaited Vickery and Clarke goodies. The biggest bummer is that I'll have to pay for my papers this week but it's a small price to pay for an almost-endless supply of almost-free batteries.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassie-
i have some P&G coupons that expire 11/30/08. toothpaste, t.p, shampoo and random other things that i cant fit anymore of in my home store, are you or anyone you know interested in these? Just let me know and i can drop them off. thank you !!

Lindsey said...

That was really me, Lindsey, but for some reason it came up as Isaac?!?!

Becky said...

Wow, Cassie, that is advanced CVSing! How did it go?s

Cassie said...

Lindsey,
Sure! I can probably work those to get some more free or close to free stuff for Single Moms. Thank you! If you want to drop them in the mail to me just email me at cassiebrabbs at gmail dot com and I'll send you my address.

Becky,
It was a logistical nightmare. But I got the goods. And there was no crying so that was a plus. I'll post an update tomorrow!