Friday, May 1, 2009

Do I have a life? Absolutely not.

...but I have cereal.

I spent the better part of my Friday going back to Whole Foods as well as making a Kroger and Target trip.
Whole Foods was basically a smaller version of my earlier transaction with a cheese stick thrown in for good measure:

(1) Lifeway Lassi- FREE
(3) Clif Zbars- 1.07
(1) BTN mac and cheese- .55
(1) OV string cheese- .24 after .75/1 peelie (on string cheese packages)
(1) Thai Kitchen instant noodles- FREE plus profit of .08
.10 bag refund
Total spent: 1.68
These sales go through Tuesday.

Kroger:

Barbara's cereal is BOGO free. There are 1.00/1 coupons in those Go Organic coupon booklets in the natural foods section. My friend Jill hooked me up with three of them last night and I found a bunch more today at the Kroger on Industrial. (Maple Rd. doesn't have them.) Anyhoo, I used two coupons. This sale goes through Sunday.
Total spent: 2.79

Target:

I learned about this deal from Carrie at Shoplifting With Permission. Go here to see how it works. Target has Special K on sale for 2.39. When you buy 5 Special K products you get a $5 Target gift card. I was able to print four Special K coupons (Money Saving Mom has the links here) to bring the cereal cost down to 1.39 a box. Then I paid with a $5 Target gift card that has been collecting dust in my wallet.
Total spent: 2.95, and I got another $5 gift card.
This sale goes through tomorrow (Saturday).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to have myself some Special K right now. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. On a random note, my word verification to post this comment is "tarface." I feel like I am being taunted a little bit by blogger.